Monday, November 06, 2006

Who is doing Mitsubishi's car commercials?

A few years ago it was Spoon's "We've Been Had" that was featured in a Mitsubishi tv commercial, tonight I could swear I heard The Fall's Mark E Smith
"I was walking down the street"
During a new Mitsubishi Outlander commercial during the knicks game on MSG Network.
Holy shit. How can this be? Nobody seems to care anymore, all indie rock bands do car commercials in the early 21st century, but The Fall? The holiest of mid 90's indie rock bands, in my eyes?

It could have been a song called "IBIS-AFRO MAN", but its uncertain if this was indeed the fall or simply a copy cat. You know, sometimes car commercials sound like the strokes but they're not always actually the strokes...

Well if it was them I still love the fall anyway.

(the fall play brooklyn's studio B tonight after what seems to have been a very short set at hiro ballroom the other night for CMJ)

1 comment:

knicksdefense said...

Update-

It turns out it IS THE FALL, from their newest, Fall Heads Roll (which I shamefully do not have yet). The name of the track is called "blindness".