Friday, July 28, 2006

Knicks Sign Jared Jeffries

Do it Isiah! It could have been a 5 year deal worth as much as 30mil.
I know Washington said they'd match any offer thrown at Jeffries this summer, but hopefully we can have this guy on our squad. He's 6'11", plays 4 positions and would fit well in the "Quick" offense Isiah is trying to implement this upcoming season. Back when Brown was still head coach, he also wanted Jeffries, so I'm all for this acquisition, who gives a rat's ass if we're already over the cap!
If we didn't resign Jackie Butler to leave some room to sign Jeffries, I'm all for it.
I know I shouldn't celebrate until the 7-day to match period is over, but still, 23 wins last year, I'm all for new coaches, new players and new hope.
Jeffries doesn't put up big numbers but can be a factor on both ends of the floor, he can even run point sometimes. If we're to run and gun, the more bigs we have that can handle the ball and get the ball up the court, the better off we are.

No comments: