Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Recent acquisitions: Tom Vek, Arctic Monkeys, YYY's

I was in the neighborhood of World Financial Center today so I couldn't help but stop by to take a look at what J&R Music World had to offer, and I picked these three up:

tom vek -British indie rocker's debut album. It is rumored that until recently, Tom's music had been recorded in his parent's garage using reel-to-reel technology.

arctic monkeys - The lads from Sheffield, England's debut is about all I can hear of this band since all their North American tour dates have been sold out for months. Like Vek it is the band's debut album. They tore it up on SNL, so I'm sure they'd be a good band live.

yeah yeah yeah's $2 single for Gold Lion -new album to be released at the end of March 2006

Full album reviews to come at some point, once I get this stuff onto the ol' iPod.

No comments: