Sunday, April 23, 2006

Article on Van Gaalen

Here's an interesting article on Chad Van Gaalen from Nerve.com.
I saw him play at Mercury Lounge back in February, but was unable to score his album Infiniheart until today, when I saw it in the used bin at Other Music. Their used bin may not be as big as J&R's, Park Ave CD's or AKA's, but it is nevertheless a high quality used bin, just a bit pricy. Today I splurged on some new music. Other acquisitions from Other include the new Man Man, Six Demon Bag and two more used bin finds:
Matt Pond PA Several Hours Later
Jose Gonzalez Veneer
Yes, NYC record store used bins are good! But I had to get the hell out of there before I spent more, I saw all kinds of stuff I wanted (some new, some used), and its just best to avoid such places during times of limited funds.

No comments: