Saturday, January 21, 2006

whip update


Vincent Black Shadow (Iro Mark V)
Originally uploaded by kny_mc.
I don't remember having this much difficulty adding photos to blogger, its come to the point that I had to upload through flickr just to get them to chainbreaker. Oh well, I figured it out.
This is how my bike is currently configured. It is much more comfortable to raise the bars to near seat level, and if I had a longer fork steerer tube, I'd raise it some more with a carbon spacer.
The bar ends were spares from my never used schwinn MTB, which oddly enough I found unappealing with the stock bar ends intact(straight style handlebar). Yet on this bike they are more functional than esthetically appealing. Riser bars are more and more prevalent in the fixed world, I suspect this is due to the fact that people (perhaps including myself) are buying frame sizes that are too small. This frame was the largest size IRO sold, perhaps they could have done me a favor and left the fork uncut so I could have determined the stem height. I like the riser bars, they make me feel like I'm riding my old GT freestyle bike from years ago, but the extra position granted with the bar ends is needed and the effect of their presence is excellent. The clear grips on the bar ends help prevent slip on inclines. I guess I do want moustache bars or albatross bars but I'm growing tired of spending cash on my bike despite how much I enjoy riding.

No comments: