Tuesday, February 28, 2006

false alarm

just came back from the bank, went upstairs, took off all my coats and hoodies, i could hear the static charge i was carrying, took off the koss cans and went to switch off the ipod *snap*, *crackle*, *pop*, i look on my ipod screen.

please contact ipod support at www....

i was scared for my life. i shocked this thing to death? i remained calm. the screen went kind of monochrome grayish white(like my old Apple IIC monitor), then shut off entirely. i turned it on and it took extra long to boot up, but afterwards everything seem to be good. next time i must remember, during the winter, coming up the stairs of a wall-to-wall carpeted house, to ground myself by touching a piece of metal before touching the ipod. and you wonder why i hesitated for so long to get an ipod...

No comments: