Sunday, February 12, 2006

Greetings from the Blizzard O' 2006


Two feet of snow. After this much shoveling of the snow I consider myself an official northerner. I took my bike in order to get to church today. I find it easier on my ankle to balance the bike on snow rather than walking on snow/ice. Afterwards I also picked up some groceries with it at the local Korean grocery store. My new panaracer pacelas worked real well in the wintry mix conditions, much better than the 700X23C slicks I had been running. Also, these are rated at 700X32C, although I measured an actual width of nearly 28mm, it is far more comfortable nevertheless. I was still able to fit the SKS race blade fenders on there, even though they're only supposed to fit up to 23C tires -just did a bit of finnagleing with the bendy part of the metal and pulled them up a bit. Perhaps they don't work as well/look as flush as they would with a 23C, but I would like to avoid having to buy a whole new set of fenders if possible.

No comments: