Thursday, February 09, 2006

Recent experiences include...

Had Pukk for lunch today with Robin. Pukk is a small, chic, vegetarian thai place on 1st ave, kind of hidden between 4th and 5th street. We went around 2pm and it was empty when we arrived except for one customer. Kind of a narrow place when you walk in, but not claustrophobic like some of the NYC vegetarian places (Red Bamboo, Curly's, VP2,Zen Palate uptown 76th street, and so on). The place is adorned with thumb sized tiling everywhere and the bathroom features a fancy sink system that I had to note here. There is a raised stone where the water hits the sink that throws you off the first time you use it. The food was quite tasty, without being spicy. I had the lunch special which came with a soup and salad, and the main course was duck with veggies in a tamarind sauce, all for 7.50. Robin's food was even better than mine, but I forget what it was called. It had chinese broccoli. The service was good except they gave us no water the entire time (we didn't ask but still, I think it a standard to give of the h2o). Oh yeah Robin had the PAD SEE-EW BEEF. Good stuff...

Finally saw Walk the Line. That is probably the most Johnny Cash music I've taking in in one sitting, but I enjoyed the film overall. I didn't think joaquin phoenix looked too much like Johnny Cash, but the acting by him and Reese was believable and the movie is entertaining overall. I didn't know too much about Cash or his music aside from Walk the Line and Ring of Fire and the album recorded in the prison. I guess the next music movie I should see is either Ray or the new one coming out about Neil Young.

I'm streaming soma fm indie pop rocks through itunes, it's pretty annoying because when i listen to this station I like to guess the artist, and the way itunes is configured default, you have to wait till it scrolls through a bunch of useless information before it tells you the artist and track name. Just let me verify if it is Blonde Redhead already damn it! It was them...

Had whole foods coffee today at union square. if you put enough sugar in the raw in it it tastes almost as good as the Mud Truck coffee.

Went to see the knicks get blown out at continental airlines arena last night in east Rutherford, NJ. I wore my Knicks hoodie and cap. I must say that however pathetic the knicks were, I was impressed with the arena (formerly know as the meadowlands) and prefer it over MSG. It's just roomier, doesn't feel so dark and stuffy like the garden. More leg room for tall people. Don't get me wrong, I am loyal to the knicks and MSG, and hate the Nets (especially Vince and Kidd) but they have a spacier, more modern area that is more pleasant to see a game in. I actually like it better than the orlando area. Too bad the nets will only play there for a bit longer before the whole downtown brooklyn instant skyline takes form where the current railyards sit. oh, wait, is that a bad thing? I guess for the communities over there right now it is, but no doubt the nets will sell more tix where they originally were from (Brooklyn Nets is actually more old school than New Jersey Nets).

...As a side thought I have decided the way gmail instantaneously spell checks is pretty scary, its as if it is secretly scanning in your words as you type because the moment you hit that check button it is already finished spell checking... Big brother is watching, and spell checking evidently.

No comments: