Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Isiah's Next Move Is Coming -Is It His Last As Knicks President?

Apparently Steve Francis is on his way to New York. Since today is only tuesday, I take these reports with a grain of salt, but realgm is usually pretty reliable. New York will give up Mo Taylor and Jamal Crawford, possibly Penny Hardaway in exchange for Francis, who has become a problem in Orlando's eyes.

At this point in Isiah's career with the Knicks does he ask LB about trades before completing them? Francis and Marbury in the backcourt, how will they have time to pass to Curry? With neither of them over 6'2", how will they defend some of the bigger two guards in the league (I know there must currently be some two guards as tall as 6'9").

What remains to be seen is if NY still has enough chips to land Theo Ratliff or Darius Miles. I wouldn't be too happy to see Kenyon Martin end up on the knicks but trade rumors continue to swirl as Thursday afternoon's trade deadline approaches. LB is continuously asking for a better shot blocker, so any of these three players could become Knicks soon.

By Friday could NY have a team with this semblance?

PG Francis
SG Marbury
C Curry
SF Jalen Rose
PF Theo Ratliff

Bench:
Nate Robinson, Quentin Richardson, Channing Frye, David Lee (I hope he's still here), Jerome James, Jackie Butler, Qyntel Woods

4 comments:

bill komissaroff said...

It is amazing to me that people still care....

knicksdefense said...

that's why they're called Die Hard Knicks fans, as opposed to loathsome fair weathered fans who cowardly choose to like the teams who are currently winning.

bill komissaroff said...

Cowardly? A bit extreme don't you think?

I just choose to spend my entertainment dollar on something that may actually entertain me.

knicksdefense said...

I wasn't directing that to you personally, just knicks fans who dissapear when the going gets tough.

I understand your point of view, it is no doubt the healthier one I admit. However for me, Spike, Woody, Turtle from Entourage, and thousands more, we have no choice but to anticipate another seemingly bad trade and hope it somehow works out in our favor. The season is definitely lost but AT LEAST New York can prevent Chicago from getting the number one draft pick this summer, a pick that should have been their own.